Before Exchange Day
Planning your Exchange Day Event
- Participating sponsor(s) pick how and where to host their Exchange Day event(s). Sponsors often host events where they have a significant number of exchange participants, as well as to collaborate with neighboring sponsors. This year, many sponsors may decide to host events virtually.
- We encourage sponsors to create Exchange Day materials for their event(s) and participants. If doing in person events, note that participating sponsors are responsible for ordering and purchasing Exchange Day T-shirts (for example) for participants attending their events, as well as using the Exchange Day brand. Check out the Exchange Day Style Guide for more information.
- Sponsors should engage elected officials, their staff, and media personnel in their Exchange Day event.
During Exchange Day
Celebrate with us
- Sponsors, participants, alumni, and other event attendees should share their activities online using the following hashtags: #CelebrateExchangeDay, #ExchangesImpact, #EatPlayGive, #ExchangeDay2021
After Exchange Day
Keep us informed
- Sponsors are encouraged to submit a recap of their event to the Alliance including type of event/engagement, number of attendees (virtually or in person), and how the event impacted their community, pictures, and videos (if applicable).
Click on our Resources page to access relevant materials, such as the Style Guide and Social Media Guidelines.